Kingston Primary School
Parent Update #12
April 30h 2020
Thank you to all of our staff, students and parents for making our first week back a very smooth one. Well done to all of our families both learning at home and at school. Like you, we are still adjusting to this new normal and this update includes a couple of things that you need to be aware of. In particular, where and what time to pick up your children as of next week.
Student Drop off and Pick Up – NEW next week.
- From Monday May 4 (next week) the school will revert to the normal finish times.
- From then, students in years 1-6 will be dismissed from the classroom.
- Parents and carers will need to arrange a “family meeting place” with their child.
- While we love dogs, they are not permitted on the wider school site, so please leave your best friend at home .
Family Meeting Place
A family meeting place is a specific area where you have arranged to meet your child (year 1-6) after school if you need to pick them up. Please discuss/arrange with your child where your family meeting place is. For younger children, please physically show them where this is. (basketball court, bike racks, water tank, a specific gate etc.)
Kindergarten 8.45am – 2.45pm
- Students are to be dropped off at the gate/ front door after 8.45am and picked up at 2.45pm.
- Half days revert back to normal drop off and pick up time.
Pre-Primary 8.30am – 3.00pm
- Students are to be dropped off at the gate between 8.30 – 8.45am
- Pick up from the gate commences at 3.00pm
Year One to Six 8.30am – 3.00pm
- Students must arrive at school between 8.30am – 8.45am.
- The school gates will be opened at 8.30am
- The school day starts at 8.45am
- Students will be dismissed from the classroom at 3pm
- Families should organise a family meeting place where they meet after school.
As you are aware, due to COVID restrictions parents and carers must not enter the school site.
Learning at Home
As per our original plan, next week’s work packs will be available online via our website or as a hard copy from the front foyer portico of our school office. The online packs will be available from Friday afternoon, while the hardcopies will be available from 8.30am Monday morning. Please do not hesitate to call, email or send a message to us via your class app if you need assistance at home. With many of our students returning to school this term (about 50 - 60% atm), we have dedicated learning at home staff to support parents (assistance may come from staff other than your child’s regular teacher). As we indicated last week, the work that is being completed at school by students, is based on the work that is in the learning at home modules.
Student Uniform Purchases
With current COVID restrictions in place, the organisation of our uniform shop has changed. Currently the onsite uniform shop is not open. Ordering and payment is now fully on line and available now. Parents should place their orders online. These orders will be packed by school or canteen staff and then delivered to your child’s classroom as soon as possible. If you have ordered the wrong size, please return the item to the school office and we will arrange an exchange.
- All transactions and orders are online via the uniform shop.
- Orders will be packed by school or canteen staff
- Orders will be delivered by school or canteen staff to the student’s classroom
- Returns can be made via the school front office.
- This process will be reviewed in week 4 (May 18)
Canteen Lunch and Recess Availability
The canteen is currently open for online ordering only. Cash sales are not available.
The canteen currently has a temporary menu. Lunches will be delivered to classes using the normal basket process.
Please do not hesitate to contact us here at school if you need to ask any questions or need some clarification around these changes.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.