Kingston Primary School
COVID19 Kingston PS Update 10
Current at 3.00pm April 9th 2020
Red text: New information since the April 3 update (update 9).
Blue text: Edited information to provide greater clarity, or updated to reflect an update
We have finally reached the end of Term 1 and how differently the world looks now compared with day one back in February is simply astonishing. The past month has been a time of significant change; for some of you it will make you feel anxious, others will take it in their stride. I share my deepest thanks with you all today for the commitment, care and understanding that you have brought to our community during this crisis.
Thank you for your understanding when sometimes there were no answers to give; thank you for your goodwill as we were all learning a new world, and thank you for interpreting and responding to our communication throughout the last month to help us prepare for the school year ahead of us.
I am incredibly proud of our staff teams here at Kingston and the way they have put their student’s interests often before their own. For this I, along with you am grateful.
At the time of preparing this update, a couple of things are clear about schools next term;
- Parents are asked to keep their children home – the same as is now.
- Schools will be fully prepared to provide a learning from home program.
- We plan to deliver learning via online, paper-based and to vulnerable and essential services families attending school.
- Our staff will be on site next term and are prepared to provide a distance education program for the duration of term 2.
Students who need to attend school next term (according to the guidelines outlined above) will be using the learning at home modules/package in the same way that all other children who are learning at home will complete the same modules.
Once again, thank you for your ongoing support during this extraordinary time. I hope this update finds you and your family both healthy and well.
Principals Video Message - Learning at Home
Learning at Home
This button will take you to our Distance Education Parent Information Guide. This guide provides all of the information that you will need to get started on Learning at Home with our Kingston staff. We have also sent a paper copy to each family via Australia Post. This should arrive after Easter.
Distance Learning Parent Information Guide
Can my child come to school?
- Parents and carers should keep their children at home unless:
- they are both going out of the home to work (that is - there is no one to look after the children due to work) or,
- the children are unsafe at home.
- Students required to attend school must be signed in by the parent / carer on arrival.
- If you are not able to sign your child in due to an early work roster (i.e. Nurse / shift worker) please contact the school as soon as possible on 9797 5000 or email (email@example.com) to discuss this issue with the Principal or Deputy Principals.
- Students who need to attend school next term (according to the guidelines outlined above) will be using the learning at home/distance education modules in the same way that all other children who are learning at home will complete the same modules. They will be supervised by appropriate staff.
- If your child displays signs of illness at school, you will be required to collect your child.
Staff at Kingston have produced a significant distance education package to be released on April 27. As you will see on our webpage, (Learning at Home tab) we have set up eight areas, Kindy to year six. We will load each of these areas with a distance education module each week, for each year level. Our staff teams have designed the packages and they will be uploaded on a weekly basis. Each package will also include how to communicate with the teacher using Seesaw, Dojo and/or email. Click on the button above to find out more.
All students who must attend school will be combined into smaller groups and supervised by appropriate staff.
Kingston Canteen is open for business over the holidays for family meals
Just like everyone, C19 is having a massive impact on our P&C. They employ two people in the canteen. It is our intention to keep our canteen open for business over the next few months with the view to supply low cost meals, cakes and slices to families, grandparents and people in isolation etc.
Our canteen now supplies family meals and desserts starting from $5.00.
The canteen is fully compliant and certified with all health and safety requirements and will practice social distance requirements at all times. You will need to pick up your order. If collection of your meals is an issue, contact the canteen so we can organise an alternative arrangement.
To order – please message Ros on 0408 909 141 with your name and your order. Our Canteen will then contact you to confirm your order and pick up details. Your order must be in text format. As soon as possible the canteen will call you to confirm your order.
Orders can be placed by 6pm on the evening prior via text message and will be available for collection the next day at the time arranged on your confirmation. This service will be available and operating Monday to Friday with a pick up window also available on Saturday mornings.
Please see our website for our menu – Tab For parents - forms and documents - P&C
- Students who do not attend onsite next term will not need to notify the school. Students will be registered as on COVID leave.
- Students /parents who do not respond on their class app, or who have not contacted the school, for a long period (3 -5 days) will be followed up with a phone call.
- If you are advised that your child has come into contact with C19 please advise the Principal immediately.
- Some of our staff will be on alternative working arrangements (AWA) in term two. Staff who are on leave will be replaced with relief teachers wherever possible.
- Staff will follow Health Department advice on when they are to stay home. We have many staff members who are either immuno-compromised or have immediate family members who are compromised. Our staff are making sensible personal health decisions that are best for them as I expect them to.
Thank you all for assisting in these important containment and risk minimisation measures. Updates will be forwarded as required, and will be available on the school website: https://www.kingstonprimary.wa.edu.au/
Our website is the MAIN place for regular whole school updates. Please keep a close eye on our website and download our app for the latest advice specifically related to our school.
As you are aware, the COVID - 19 pandemic directives are ever changing and unpredictable. As a school, we continue to act upon the regular updates and advice provided by the Federal and State Governments, and the Education and Health Departments. We will continue to keep you informed as things progress over the next few weeks.